In many countries, development programs (both medical and non-medical) are in tremendous need of equipment and supplies. However, in many situations the equipment that they are working with with is outdated or broken. It is CARE & CARE’s goal to send ONLY good quality, appropriate and useful equipment and supplies to the needy.
CARE & CARE distributes medical and other equipment ONLY under the following terms and conditions:
- Disposable items should have NEVER had direct patient contact.
- Durable goods, such as walkers, wheelchairs and crutches, should be new or gently used and come complete with all brochures.
- CARE & CARE requests you to evaluate your donation in regards to condition and function. All instructional manuals, power cords, cables, spare parts and accessories should be included.
- Products and supplies donated should be in original boxes and indicate the contents, specifications and quantity clearly over the packaging.
CARE & CARE only accepts and ships disposable products that have
AT LEAST 6-9 MONTHS of future use BEFORE they expire.
Medical & Surgical Supplies
- Anesthesia Supplies
- Cardiac Surgery Supplies
- Dressings, Gauze & Tape
- EKG/EEG Supplies & Equipment
- Endoscopic Equipment
- Feeding Supplies & Equipment
- Fetal Doppler Supplies & Equipment
- First Aid Supplies
- Furniture & Other Hospital Furnishings
- Gastrointestinal Supplies
- Gloves, Surgical & Exam
- Infant Incubator / Warmer
- Intravenous Supplies
- Lab Supplies & Equipment
- Labor & Delivery Supplies
- Monitoring Supplies & Equipment
- Needle Counters
- Needles (sterile)
- OB/GYN Supplies
- Ophthalmology Supplies
- Orthopedic Supplies
- Otoscopes & Ophthalmoscopes
- OR Packs (partial or intact)
- Operating/Procedure Room Equipment
- Patient Care (Nursing) Supplies
- Pediatric Supplies
- Personal Hygiene Items
- Procedural Trays
- Protective Clothing/Face Wear
- Pulse Oximeters
- Respiratory Supplies
- Renal Dialysis Machines (fully functional + manuals and parts)
- Skin Prep Items
- Sterilization Supplies & Equipment
- Surgical Instruments (must be clean)
- Suction Machines
- Sutures (sterile)
- Therapeutic Equipment
- Ultrasound Machines & Portable X-Ray
- Urinary Supplies
- Waste Disposal Containers, Sharps Containers
- Wheelchairs & Crutches
Box of Emergency Care & Relief:
Help CARE & CARE bridge the gap between surplus and need by sending boxes of emergency medical supplies to various countries in the developing world. Each donated box saves valuable lives of under-served women, children and elderly.
What’s in an Emergency Box?
Boxes and shipments contain critically needed items like sterile gloves, syringes, pediatric scales, centrifuges, computers, glucose meters, incubators, stethoscopes, fetal monitors, nebulizers, and miscellaneous assorted emergency medical supplies, among other items as identified by the recipient hospital or primary care clinic. The following are estimated costs and may vary according to supplies, volume and quantity.
- $ 250 = Five boxes
- $ 500 = 10 Boxes or Quarter Pallet
- $ 1,250 = 25 Boxes or Half Pallet
- $ 2,500 = 50 Boxes or Full Pallet
- $12,000 = 500 Boxes or Half Container
- $25,000 =1,000 Boxes or Full Container
Equipment is one of the most needed and requested items by CARE & CARE donation recipients. CARE & CARE’s recipient hospitals, clinics have a great need for ultrasounds machines, centrifuges, portable X-ray machines, table-top sterilizers and lab microscopes.
CARE & CARE’s goal is to provide our recipient organizations, hospitals and primary care units with a minimum supply of 6 months stock of accessories and supplies for all pieces of equipment that we ship.
All accessories with expiration dates CARE & CARE can only accept items that have at least 9 months before they expire.
We can accept equipment that:
- Is fully operational
- May have cosmetic damage only.
- Must have all necessary accessories, manuals, power cords, cables and parts.
**We do NOT accept Liquid pharmaceuticals (including Heparin)
or IV fluids of any kind.
- Anesthesia machine
- Autoclave/Sterilizer – table top and bulk
- Cast Saw
- Colonoscopy Equipment
- Desktop Computers (Desktop – Dual Core or faster)
- Computer monitors (flat screen only)
- Defibrillator / Monitors
- Diagnostic ultrasound with probes
- EKG recorder (dual)
- Electrosurgical unit
- Endoscopies equipment
- Exam light
- Fetal Doppler
- Fetal monitors
- Glucose meter (portable) – preferably with test strips and lancets
- Hospital Beds
- Infant warmers
- Infant incubators
LABORATORY Equipment and Analyzers
- Water bath heaters
- Lab incubators
- Lab washers
- Lab dryers
- Lab digital precision scales
- Coagulations analyzers
- Humidifier chambers
- Blood gas analyzers
- Chemistry analyzers
- Hematocrit analyzers
- Microscopes (Binoculars)
- Medical refrigerator
- Microscope – surgical and lab
- Monitor – cardiac and NIBP
- Ophthalmic equipment (slit lamps, etc.)
- OR lights- portable and ceiling mounted
- Oxygen concentrator
- Patient warmers
- Portable X-ray system (including portable mammography)
- Pulse Oxymeter
- Suction pumps
- Surgical head lights
- Tables – Exam, OR, Surgical and Delivery
- Thermometers (digital only)
- Traction unit
- Vital sign monitors (must have modules if required)
- Weighing scales – adult, infant
- X-ray processors / developers
- X-ray view boxes (wall-mounted only)